This is the third and fourth weekly blog of my internship.
Hi everyone, It’s been 4 weeks already! I was procrastinating from last week to write this blog. Finally, here I’m. 🙋🏻♀️ This blog post is going to be one of the special blog posts of my internship till date. Continue reading to know why part 😉 I have a lot to share and a lot to say, so many things happened in the last 2 weeks.
What are the wins for the weeks?
I spent time doing many amazing things, but there were few challenges I faced in the last weeks such as fixing bugs, setting up the development environment, or if it was about going through the whole codebase. When the whole codebase of OpenStack Manila is in Python(Django) and you have never worked on that before.
I believe my biggest win for the week was not giving up! and continuing working :) I just love learning.
Let me share some of the wins for the weeks:
- Participated in the Manila Bug Squash Event! Picked one Manila bug to work on recommended by Victoria and I started my contribution to fixing this bug. Submitted the patch, waiting for reviews from mentors. Also, this bug milestone change from none => xena-2 release..
- Finished fixing some test cases in the openstack/python-manilaclient patch (though it needs some last reviews) which I was facing from the last 2 weeks. It was quite challenging, but I did it!
- Got an opportunity to work with Helena Spease(Marketing and Community @Open Infrastructure Foundation) on an article, which is all about How I got started working with the OpenStack Manila project as part of my Outreachy Internship Program.
Something HUGE happened this time! I got the opportunity to talk about my contribution experience with OpenStack in OpenInfra Live. I was excited and nervous at the same time as this was my first time being somewhere as a guest. That was really a wonderful session with a nice audience. You can find more details here:
- Started my Python and Django journey 🏞
- I have decided to write some more detailed blogs throughout my contribution period. I am learning so much new open source jargon here and I can’t stop myself from writing articles on all those.
- I started loving OPENSTACK ❤️
What’s not working?
What am I avoiding?
- Blogging part is what I’m avoiding for the whole week. I don’t know why, I am not getting my flow, though I love writing. I thought of writing a few more blogs but ended up doing only a few.
- I am trying to be more active!
I have started working on my main task of the internship, which is all about implementing share type quotas in the Manila UI(i’ll share more on this later).
That’s all for now!
See you next week <3